The Executive Speaker Workshop (in-person)
September 19-20, 2023 (8:30am – 4:30pm EST each day)
This intensive, two-day workshop covers the wide variety of settings in which professionals must communicate effectively. From formal presentations to impromptu situations, the ability to connect and persuade is crucial to being recognized as a leader.
The workshop focuses on:
Deliver great presentations. Each step is enhanced with on-camera exercises, feedback and individualized coaching.
Participants learn to:
- Organize a simple, persuasive message.
- Limit messages to a few key listener-centered points.
- Illustrate messages using stories, analogies and other examples.
- Deliver in a style that connects.
- Make strong eye contact and speak with energy.
- Project a professional image and exude a leadership presence.
- Answer questions to inspire confidence.
- Prepare for, embrace and handle Q&A.
- Keep responses simple rather than getting lost in the weeds.
Conquer impromptu communication. A combination of on-camera exercises, realistic role-play and intensive coaching focused on less formal business situations. Includes:
- Deliver impromptu messages.
- Employ simple message structures to come across as prepared, even in impromptu situations.
- Effectively communicate during interactive meetings.
- Learn techniques for addressing listeners’ needs.
- Handle interruptions and questions while driving an agenda and maintain an executive presence.
All participants receive a digital copy of their on-camera exercises, a course workbook, and a copy of Joey Asher’s book 15 Minutes Including Q&A: A Plan to Save the World from Lousy Presentations.