Communications In Meetings
The Impromptu Speaker Workshop
Formulate direct messaging techniques that inspire.
This workshop focuses on how to communicate in meetings with minimal time to prepare. During the workshop, participants will learn strategies for quickly developing concise messages and delivering them in a manner that connects with the audience and inspires confidence. Participants will practice delivering impromptu messages in meetings and answering follow-up questions.
Our instruction methods include a combination of webinars, online tools, video recording and live coaching to develop the following skills:
Organize a Simple, Persuasive Message
- Use simple formulas to quickly craft easy-to-follow messages.
- Limit messages to a few key points focused on listener needs.
Deliver in a style that connects
- Develop a personal style that connects with audiences and builds relationships.
- Project a professional image through great eye contact and authentic vocal, physical and facial energy.
- Handle interuptions and questions while driving an agenda and maintaining executive presence.
Answer Questions to Inspire Confidence
- Simple techniques for handling Q&A that demonstrates control and confidence.
- Learn tactics to simplify responses rather than getting lost in the weeds.
All participants receive a digital copy of their on-camera exercises, a course workbook and a copy of “15 Minutes Including Q&A: A Plan to Save the World from Lousy Presentations” by Joey Asher.
Interested in taking our workshop online? Here’s how we teach virtually:
- Skills-based webinar followed by two, three-hour live virtual coaching sessions.
- Two progressive modules where participants create and practice presentations.
“Speaking in front of others is a fear of mine, but after attending the workshop, I felt more confident and comfortable.” - Analyst, Federal Reserve Bank
Upcoming Open-Enrollment Workshop Dates:
Online and In-Person
Note: In-person workshops are based in Atlanta
- September 7 & 8, 2023 (9:00am – 12:00pm EST each session) – VIRTUAL
- November 10, 2023 (8:30am – 4:30pm EST) – IN-PERSON
Request a call back to discuss scheduling a workshop for corporate training and pricing.
Other Speaking Workshops
A comprehensive workshop that focuses on the fundamentals of creating and delivering simple, persuasive business presentations. Participants gain skills that will prepare them to pitch to potential clients, provide project updates, obtain buy-in from stakeholders or speak at an event.
An intensive, two-day workshop that is designed to specifically address communication and presentation skills for professional women. From confidence in formal presentations to authority in impromptu situations, the ability to connect and persuade is crucial to being recognized as a leader.
An intensive, two-day workshop that covers the wide variety of settings in which professionals must be able to communicate effectively. From formal presentations, to interactive meetings, to conference calls and impromptu Q&A, the ability to connect and persuade is crucial to success.
All of our workshops can be customized to meet the specific needs of an individual or team. Let us know what you’re looking for and we’ll work with you to craft a custom solution.
Speechworks delivers an educational approach to coaching the physiological and psychological elements of public communication. We work with corporate entities and individuals to support, coach, and deliver lasting skills that build confident leaders, influential speakers, and effective sellers.